Interview Questions to Ask a Rental Home Property Manager
• How long has the company been in the business of managing and leasing rental homes?
• Have you been with the company since it started in business?
• Does the company belong to the Apartment Owners Association of California (AOA) in order to keep current on all new landlord-tenant laws and court cases?
• Does your company utilize the services of a professional accounting firm or do perform the accounting yourself?
• Are all lease listings placed into the local Multiple Listing Service (MLS) with the lease commissions being split 50% - 50% with any cooperating leasing firm?
• Does your company have an emergency phone number a tenant can call 27/7/365?
• Do you provide your clients with monthly written financial reports?